Sunday, March 7, 2010

Its always the small things that matter

Isn't it true ? So very true. Whenever we strive to get anything, it always helps if we ponder upon every tiny detail it entails. At least being a software engineer, I have learned a lesson that it really does. Just the other day I was working so hard to get a thing done. Precisely I wanted to draw a string on a windows mobile form in C# using the measurestring function to calculate the length. Too technical, not actually but I need to show off what I am doing after all it suits my profession ;) . Trust me after doing a good enough research on Google I was so confident that it will just be a matter of few hours, I mean hardly an hour. Of course keeping a margin in case things aren't what they seem.

As usual, I was stuck and kept saying all izz well. But for eight hours, even google didn't have mercy on me. I knew right from the moment I got stuck that it's going to be a silly silly thing. And it was, a stupid new line character! Why doesn't MSDN ever document such things. Well nothing against them they have some pretty good stuff there. Then I thought forget it, it's done just move on.

Actually, I kept thinking how the small things matter in our life. We are so engrossed in our routine that we miss out enjoying little things like having a cup of tea with your friends in your patio or just going out for a walk after dinner or well I don't know anything that doesn't require any effort on your part. But we just don't do it coz we are so bogged down with our worries that we forget to live in every moment. Ah, I think I am going off track. But anyways, what I think is we need to appreciate these things, which make us happy. Of course, I do hope that I will follow this. You know it's easy to say. Because I guess, I am too lazy. Still being a hardcore tea lover, I will at least look forward to enjoy tea with my roommates, if not in patio then in the hall, as long as the tea is good place really won't matter.

3 comments:

  1. Here is my first comment for u ....
    we did enjoy cup of tea and lots of chatting today.......
    keep up ur good writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey shamal! nice thought and well said :)
    looking forward to evening tea as long as I am here :)

    ReplyDelete